Board of Trustees
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Improve College and Career Readiness for all students by implementing innovative initiatives and programs.
- Commit to recruiting quality staff and aggressively retaining high performing instructional staff by offering a competitive salary and benefit package while providing a positive, safe, and open working environment.
- Prepare a comprehensive facility and capital investment needs assessment and prepare for implementation of a short-term and long-range facility improvement plan.
- Fund academic and extracurricular programs at a level that maintains competitiveness and achieves the district's vision of excellence while maintaining a fund balance that is fiduciary appropriate in these uncertain economic times.
- Provide continued support of our network and technology infrastructure and promote technology integration in all grade levels by providing effective professional development and onsite assistance.
- GOAL 1: Spearman ISD will meet and exceed all State Accountability Indexes Target rates for student performance within all student groups and meet minimum System Safeguards rates.
- GOAL 2: Spearman ISD will provide academic and instructional programs that will provide all students the opportunity to prepare them for personal growth, 21st Century technology skills, and post-secondary college and career readiness.
- GOAL 3: Spearman ISD will use flexible and innovative learning environments and provide proactive intervention programs so that all students can meet the state and federal accountability standards.
- GOAL 4: Spearman ISD will encourage open communication with all educational stakeholders and engage them to be active partners in the education of all students.
- GOAL 5: Spearman ISD will strive to promote a healthy and positive school culture and climate for students and staff and ensure a safe, orderly and drug-free learning environment.
- GOAL 6: Spearman ISD will establish priorities in hiring highly qualified staff and provide continuous training, professional support, and learning communities to implement best practices of instruction and assessment.
- GOAL 7: Spearman ISD will maintain a sound conservative financial position that focuses on allocation and investment of resources to maximize learning, maintain our commitment to excellence in all programs and ensure the future operations of the district.