Facebook TV

What do I need to enroll my child at Spearman ISD?

Students are eligible to attend school in the district in which they and either parent resides. {(Texas Education Code 25.001(1)]


A student who is at least five years of age and under 21 years of age on the first day of September of any school year and who lives within the District's boundaries may enroll. Children who are four years of age on or before September 1 may enroll in the Pre-Kindergarten program.


The District requires the following items at the time of enrollment:

  • Birth Certificate - A copy must be placed in the student's permanent file
  • Social Security Card - A copy must be placed in the student's permanent file
  • Immunization Record - A copy showing all immunizations and complete dates provided must be placed in the student's permanent file. Click here for a cop of the Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for Students information sheet.
  • Proof of Residency - a current utility bill with the parents or legal guardians name and service addresses on it must be presented.
  • Transcript and Withdrawal form - A copy of the students Official Transcript (report card for elementary and JH students) and a withdrawal form from the last school that the student attended is required.
  • Parents or Legal Guardians Driver's License - A copy of the driver's license of the parent or legal guardian enrolling the student must be placed in the student's permanent file


A minor student residing in the District but whose parent, guardian or other person having lawful control under a court order does not reside in the District, shall present a Power of Attorney assigning responsibility for the student in all school-related matters to an adult resident of the District.


When you have all the above items, bring them to the campus office at which you are going to register your child/children.  Parents or Legal Guardians must stay with the enrolling student during the entire enrollment process.  If you have any questions regarding the enrollment process, please call the campus office.


Elementary campus (PK - 5th Grade)          806-659-2565

Jr. High campus (6th - 8th Grade)              806-659-2563

HS campus (9th - 12th Grade)                   806-659-2584



Student Transfer Information (Out-of-District):

Texas statute requires annual submission of a transfer application form for each student that lives outside the boundaries of our school district.  Application must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian each year.  Factors taken into consideration for student transfers include academic performance, attendance patterns, discipline records, space availability and employment of additional personnel, as well as extenuating circumstances that may have prompted the request of the transfer.  


Continuing Transfers:

Transfers are approved for one school year only.  All students must re-apply each year.  The approval of a transfer does not guarantee future transfer approval for the next school year.


Requesting an Application:

Parent/Guardian may complete or request an Out-of-District Transfer Application in one of the following ways:

  • Print the application from the link below (link in Red below)
  • Call (806) 659-3233 (or any campus office) to request an application be emailed or faxed to you; or
  • Pick up an application at your child's campus or from the Superintendent's office (403 E. 11th Avenue - east entrance)


2017-2018 Student Transfer Application

Board Policy


School Supplies